Tuesday, March 01, 2011

No Big Surprise Here: Republicans More Likely Than Dems to Support Israel Over Palestinians by 23 Point Margin

Why am I not surprised by the results of this poll?

From Gallup:

Americans’ views toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict held fairly steady over the past year, with a near record-high 63% continuing to say their sympathies lie more with the Israelis. Seventeen percent sympathize more with the Palestinians.

In measuring Americans’ sympathies toward the disputants in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict since 1988, Gallup has found support for Israel consistently exceeding support for the Palestinians. However, the percentage who are neutral — saying they sympathize equally with both, sympathize with neither, or expressing no opinion — has shifted, with corresponding changes in support for Israel. While the reasons for these changes are not always evident, public neutrality was generally higher in the 1990s as the Palestinians and the Israelis often met at Clinton administration-sponsored peace summits.

Republicans continue to be Israel’s strongest U.S. supporters: 80% sympathize more with the Israelis in the conflict, substantially higher than the 57% of independents and Democrats sharing this view. A similar pattern is seen by political ideology, ranging from 74% among conservatives to 49% among liberals — with liberals the least supportive of Israel of any group Gallup measured.

Now if I could only figure out why the hell a majority of Jewish voters support the Liberal Democratic Moonbats…It just boggles the mind!

1ObamaForeignPolicy

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 comment:

theo said...

It's very slimey the way Obama takes Jewish American campaign donations and then will turn around and stab Israel right in the back....... Geez...I wonder if Barbra Streisand will keep singing for Obambi and the rest of the Israel hating lefties........

Here's Obama singing to the tune of "Papa" from YENTL:

George Soros, can you hear me?
George Soros, can you see me?
George Soros can you find me in the night?

George Soros are you near me?
George Soros, can you hear me?
George Soros, can you help me not be frightened (of the Tea Party)?

Looking at the skies I seem to see
A million eyes... which r the ones u bought?

Where are you now that yesterday
Has waved goodbye
And closed its doors?

The night is so much darker (no more incadescent light bulbs);
The wind is so much colder (global warming);
The world I see is so much bigger
Now that I'm alone (Rham and Axelrod gone).

George Soros, please forgive me.
Try to understand me (I'm gay);
George Soros, don't you know I had no choice?

Can you hear me praying (to allah),
Anything I'm saying
Even though the night is filled with voices (flash-backs from my crack days)?

I remember everything you taught me
Every book 1've ever read (two and I didn't even write them)...
Can all the words in all the books
Help me to face what (campaign)lies I told ahead?

The trees are so much taller
And I feel (I'm hung) so much smaller;
The moon is twice as lonely
And the stars are half as bright...

George Soros, how I love you...
George Soros, how I need you.
George Soros, how I miss you
Kissing me good night...