Monday, February 07, 2011

My Favorite Season of All

On Sunday February 20, 2011 43 drivers will be rolling their Detroit Iron onto the resurfaced track for the 53rd running of the granddaddy of all stock car races......The Daytona 500!  This will be the beginning of the 2011 Sprint Cup Series amidst many changes in the points format, track, and the fueling system, I'm looking forward to another exciting year of NASCAR racing!

I'm hoping most of all that #24 Driver for Hendrick Motorsports, Jeff Gordon can turn his winless slump around this year and put some more wins and perhaps one more championship under his and Rick Hendrick's belt.


Having just moved to Vernon, Connecticut I'm currently seeking out a race track to hang out at on Saturday nights this coming summer...Have found a couple of what appears to be nice tracks running multiple classes of stock car racing...This Hillbilly Hebrew needs his speed fix this summer after being so freaking busy last summer with my youngest son graduating from High School, my granddaughter being born, my wife completing grad school, and my oldest son being deployed to Afghanistan, I had absolutely no time to go to the track last summer.  I'm planning on fixing that problem this year along with planting my ass along a river bank somewhere with a rod in one hand and a cold Becks NA in the other!

No comments: