Jimmy Carter will go down in American history as "the president who lost Iran," which during his term went from being a major strategic ally of the United States to being the revolutionary Islamic Republic. Barack Obama will be remembered as the president who "lost" Turkey, Lebanon and Egypt, and during whose tenure America's alliances in the Middle East crumbled.It's looking like Barack Hussein Obama is right on schedule with repeating history as Version 2.0 of former President Jimmy Carter...
The superficial circumstances are similar. In both cases, a United States in financial crisis and after failed wars loses global influence under a leftist president whose good intentions are interpreted abroad as expressions of weakness. The results are reflected in the fall of regimes that were dependent on their relationship with Washington for survival, or in a change in their orientation, as with Ankara.
Let's take a look at Obama's scorecard to date....
1) Turn US economy into a train wreck - CHECK
2) Hire idiots for Dept. of State who'll turn the Middle East into a free fire zone - CHECK
3) Lose at least one Middle Eastern to the ROP - CHECK
4) Lose South America - CHECK
5) Turn the Dept. of Energy into the Dept. of No Energy - CHECK
6) Kiss the Ass of every Despotic/Dictatorship nation on the planet to "improve our international relations" - CHECK
7) The Result of completing number 6 is that now they laugh at us and see the US as weak - CHECK
8) Create stagflation - CHECK
9) turn the housing market into the housing quagmire - CHECK
next on the drawing boards, 20% interest on mortgages while inflation 'officially' runs at 15%+, goods on the shelf no longer have price tags as the checkout computers have to update prices hourly, etc., etc.
"It's deja vu all over again."