Wednesday, July 13, 2005

LETTERS FROM SCREENERS-TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE

Dear Rogue Jew,


I left TSA 2 Months Ago: I spent over 2 years in the TSA and left just over 2 months ago. I would have to say that leaving was the best decision I ever made. I was lucky to have actually found a company where my degree mattered, and management is both competent and fair. You truly dont realize how poor TSA is until you have some time to sit back and reflect on your experiences. Here are the biggest negatives of TSA that I witnessed- PROMOTIONS- Joke. I actually had a lead above me with no formal education or job experience to speak of. On top of that the individual was 21 years old. This individual then got promoted to supervisor. I had a college degree, worked hard, and am working on my masters. Couldn't even make it above screener. Pathetic. Management sucks. Having worked for TSA I would say that airline travel might be marginally safer, but from what I witnessed most screeners are disatisfied and looking to get out. Not a place to build a career. Until some strong managerial material is hired, which will probably never happen, TSA will continue to be the disorganized mess that it is today!! Good luck to all of you still in. Have much respect for you. ITS GREAT WHEN YOU GET OUT!!

Dear Rogue Jew,

Yes getting out was GREAT!: I miss the people I worked with and I miss the way I felt when I first signed on to become a part of something good. I DON'T miss the DAILY intimidation, the upper management morons, and the outright lack of accountability from screening manager up. The organization will never improve until they acquire LEADERS in management, instead of what they have now- BULLIES. Hell, even an honest, intelligent bully would be an improvement.....

Dear Rogue Jew,

Leads & Supervisors !!!!: Heres my favorite part of my job (SARCASTICLY)... when theres a long ass line practically out the door and IGNORANT,LAZY WANNA BE's are sitting behind the checkpoint and decide to only get up to give stupid orders that dont really matter at the time instead of helping out. Gee, I dont really think that whether the wand is on the xray or tunnel is important, or if women make the metal detector ring its because "WE" didnt divest them properly...ITS CALLED JEWERLY AND PEOPLE WHO CANT OR REFUSE TO TAKE THEM OFF!!!!!! ALSO dont complain about who does what at what time or how and when , if your lazy behind just sits around and watches the screeners bust our asses, get yelled at all day and do more work than you!!! Yeah, you get paid more for what I have no idea and more than enough screeeners will defenitely agree with me on this one!!! So instead of taking those 2 or 3 stripes to YOUR HEAD dont forget you were a screener at one point in your life unless you CHEATED to get where your at!!! "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND... eventually!!!!


Hi folks, I'll be up front with my identity, it's not a big deal to me. I'm Gil Miller, a former supervisor in case some of you may not remember me. I left the TSA in December of 2003. First let me say I don't miss the TSA at all. Quitting the job I had to take that job was probably one of the worst decisions that I had ever made, but from even poor decisions sometimes good things can happen. And I did make some friends there that I will never forget. Luckily, I was able to return to the job that I left for the TSA. However, from time to time I find myself wondering what is going on in the lives of my friends and former colleagues at CVG.

Dear Rogue Jew,

RE TSA policy on management bullying and indimitation techniques: Can someone let me know how to find the documentation that explains how TSA managers are supposed to use bullying and intimidation in the workplace? They are so very good at it I thought I'd like to study the techniques and guidance they use. The average small-minded and self important manager could take some pointers from these guys! I've never seen bullying and intimidation taken to such artful places, these people are genuine visionaries!

Dear Rogueish One,

Does anyone actually believe that any leads, supervisors or managers out there are qualified to be in the positions they hold? I am in FLL, and these people are horrible. I couldn't rate ANY of those I have worked with as truly capable or even remotely qualified. We have a manager with the personality of a bulldog and that went from a private "$8 an hour screener" to a federal screening manager making 4x that, just because the Government stepped in and said: "we want people that worked here before". . . Does that make sense seeing how they wanted to get rid of the idiots that were in those positions previously? And, as if It would take more than a month on the job. The problem is nationwide, a bunch of unqualified, lazy and overpaid Managers, at least some of the leads work. It's everywhere. Pretty soon the GOV will start pulling out, starting from the top.

Dear Rogue Jew,

Hell, man, we got a doughnut dollie as a supervisor(asst. mgr at doughnut shop). A forced retired army sergeant as another sup. A kollige graduwait with a major in history with no supervisory experience. A private eye as another(ooops, forgot, called someone a racial slur in front of witnesses for the fourth time and got his royal ass canned). Got a Screening Mgr retired from a major airline as a personnel vp that only wants to retire in a year with all that great fed. pension system. Got another SM that retired from navy as Captain(I think it was Capt. Krunch). Runs TSA as his own personal domain and very poorly at that. Too much seawater on the brain. Leads that could in private enterprises barely lead themselves to the shitter. Oh, well, so much for a well-oiled machine.

Dear Rogue Jew,

Hi. I'm your friendly baggage screener. I have a short survey for you to figure out if you also work in hell. 1. Do you regularly ship 55 gal. coolers of loose chicken parts? 2. Does at least 60% of your terminal speak another language? 3. Do you frequently work with 8 people for a shift with 1500 pax? 4. Does your managerial staff completely have their heads up their ass and/or someone else's? 5. Are you on LEAVE RESTRICTIONS? If you answered yes to all these questions, then I'm very glad to have you on my team, WELCOME TO HELL !!!

Dear Rogue Jew,

Come on man, get real. TSA management has been corrupt from: the god damn rollout. Cronies protect cronies. Do you really think that Washington DC is going to fire the very same people THEY selected for those positions? The TSA in nothing more than a safe-haven for inept managers that infested this organization. It started out with a noble casue but quickly turned into a dumping ground for ex-FAA morons and friends of those in high places. They have fired some FSD's, but only when they were forced to because the FSD no longer played their game. Ask anyone in Raleigh. The system is a waste of money and GSO is not any different from most of the other airports. One can only hope that Secretary Chertoff nukes the shit out of the screening system that has proven over and over again to be nothing more than a waste of money and effort. My advice to you remains the same, get out now and roll your time over to a real secure federal job. A job where you can work without the fear of being stabbed in the back by your co-worker. The grumbings in Washington aren't very TSA screening friendly lately.

AND THE LETTERS KEEP ROLLING IN. THE NAMES HAVE BEEN DELETED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT AND TO KEEP THE SNITCHES AT BAY.

KEEP EM COMING.......THE ROGUE JEW

No comments: