Thursday, February 17, 2005

JOBS AND HOW TO LAND ONE!

Why is Michigan one of the only states that is not recovering from the economic problems that manifested during the Clinton Regime? Could it be the Democrat Govenor from Canada who believes the answers to everything economic is to raise taxes and fees?

Michigan is one of the most over taxed and over regulated states for small business in the nation, and as you know, small business is the backbone of our economy in the United States. With such high small business taxes, and so much regulation, most businesses find themselves going out of the state or out of the country to escape the penalizing tax code here in the United States, and worse yet, right here in our Great Lake State of Michigan.

One of my readers wanted my take on what it takes to get a good job. Ambition! Hard Work! You have to start somewhere. Too many of our younger people today expect to fall into a high paying job the first time they go out into the job market. They complain about the minimum wage being to low.

Minimum wage was never intended for an individual to live off of. It is a starting point. One never stays at minimum wage their whole life unless that person fails to motivate themselves out of it. Self Pity has no place in the job market. If you cannot get the job you want because you need to go to school, then get off your butt, and go to school!

"I can't afford to go to school, only the rich can afford college." Bull Crap! There are grants out there and loans that one can get. Or you could do what I did. I ran a trap line, hunted and fished to feed my family, played guitar in lounges and smoke filled bars to make money to go to college and get my degree.

Contrary to what the Liberal Democrats are shoveling, not everything is handed to you on a silver platter and fed to you with a silver spoon. You Must Earn It! You want money to go to college, then go into the military. Do odd jobs. Ask mom and dad to help out some. Good jobs come to those who work to get them. You just don't fall into them.

8 years ago, unemployment was so low, that employers couldn't afford to be choosy when looking for qualified candidates to fill positions. Now with so many people out of work, employers can be more choosey in looking for GOOD people to work for them. You have to make YOURSELF out to be that best person for the job. Learn how to interview for a job. Learn how to write a resume that makes you jump out at an employer. Make that person WANT to hire YOU.

Key word is YOU. It is up to YOU. Get off your butt and get out there and do it. Don't expect miracles. Don't expect to be making 100,000 dollars overnite. But make it your goal and it will happen. The only thing stopping you is YOU!

Well that's all for now. I have to go pick up my Brother in Law at the airport. My wife's family is here for the weekend....If ya don't hear from me till monday, you know why. Till then..............The Rogue Jew

Oh yeah, If you really want to do something to make the state of Michigan more attractive to business and employers, then come 2006, hand Jennifer Granholm's liberal tushy her pink slip and send her butt packin back to Canada!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Too many of our younger people today expect to fall into a high paying job the first time they go out into the job market."

what if thats how they feel because of the pressure their parents put on them? I know from experience that thats how i felt a few years back when my parents put a great deal of pushing me to get a job, something i didnt have a degree for or the training or anything. It made me feel like shit when i wasnt doing anthing to make them happy. All i did was make them more mad at me because I wasnt trying hard enough. Then again, I never did try hard enough to meet their standards ever and still dont to this day.

I am a history teacher at the high school in my area now. I proved them wrong about me. I was smart enough to become a teacher, unlike what they thought. I did it mostly on my own with out the help they once promised me but never followed through with it (had some help from other family members).